Job Seeker Sign-Up
Job Seeker Features
Refer A Friend
Average Occupational Therapist Salary
| More details for
Occupational Therapist Jobs
Occupational Therapist / FT Days at Las Palmas Del Sol
El Paso, Texas
10 May, 2012
St. Davidâ€™s HealthCare
has been awarded
#1 Best Places to Work in Central Texas by the Austin Business Journal
. In addition, two of our facilities have been awarded
Texas Nurse Friendly by the Texas Nurses Association
. The other three facilities have applied for designation.
St. David's HealthCare
is building outstanding teams to deliver top quality healthcare in Travis and Williamson Counties. We're recruiting the most compassionate and the brightest! We're hiring for positions throughout the company -- learn more about how you can build your career with St. David's HealthCare!
St. David's HealthCare's
award winning facilities are located in the beautiful Texas hill country.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center
St. David's South Austin Hospital
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
St. David's Medical Center
St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Therapy & Rehabilitation
To plan, organize and conduct occupational therapy programs for in and out patients designed to restore function, prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of body parts within departmental guidelines.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY POPULATION SERVED:
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Cardiac/cardiovascular, neuro, orthopedic, spine care, pulmonary including but not limited to CVA/TIA, joint replacement/fracture repair, etc.
1. Patient care: conducts diagnostic and prognostic evaluations and functional ability tests as prescribed observing all precautions for indications and contra-indications. Plans and implements therapy programs as per physician's orders and in compliance with current standards and practices. Makes recommendations regarding care of the patient to the physician, team members and discharge planner/case manager, family and patient.
2. Documentation: reviews patient's records. Completes documentation in patient records on a timely basis which includes but is not limited to initial assessments, daily notes, charges, team conference notes, family conference reports, updated prescriptions/orders, cooking group forms, CRO forms, discharge assessments, discharge instructions, communication boards, physician and patient communication.
3. Supervision: direct activities of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, PT/OT Technicians, students, and volunteers as assigned. Ensures treatment plans are being performed appropriately by COTA's.
4. Quality: participates in continuous quality improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, recommendations and implementation of quality assurance action plans.
5. Department Compliance: Complies with Department Policy and procedures, Safety/Infection Control Plans/OSHA guidelines, Handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (The Joint Commission, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
6. Productivity expectations for an 8-hour day are a minimum of 20 Units of Service per day with a patient to staff ratio of 1:5. The therapy supervisor will assist in determining other quota as the staffing ratios change.
7. Other duties as assigned.
"The employee benefits at St. David's HealthCare give me something I really need â€” peace of mind."
From allied health careers to nursing careers to critical care nursing, St. David's HealthCare is committed to giving each of its employees a comprehensive benefits package that will ensure a rewarding professional life and highly satisfying personal life.
Our full-time and part-time benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement and Savings Plans
Las Palmas Del Sol
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Perhaps you might be interested in these other jobs:
All jobs at
Las Palmas Del Sol
Would you like to email this job to friend(s)/colleague(s)
Your First Name :
Your Last Name :
Your Email Address :
Recipient Email Addres(s) :
All Rights Reserved
Refer A Friend
Share & Inform: